Saturday 30 January 2016

3 Simple Healthy Breakfast Snacks | Acai Bowl & Fruit Sandwiches

3 Simple Healthy Breakfast Snacks | Acai Bowl & Fruit Sandwiches

Hi, guys. How's it going?
So, how many of you guys out there are getting ready
for the summertime, you want to look good for the beach,
or, you know, you just want to feel fit.
I certainly do, and I am really motivated
to start eating healthy and clean again for this summertime.
Ever since I moved to California,
I've just been indulging myself with boba tea
and all these delicious baked goods here in California.
There's just so many temptations around!
So, I am motivated to get healthy again,
and today's blog I want to share with you a few delicious
and very, very healthy snacks
or breakfast recipes that you can prepare for yourself.
These are really easy, and they're really, really delicious.
I love to make these as a daytime snack,
or eat them in the morning.
So, let's get started.
So, the first thing we are going
to be making is the acai bowl.
It is so delicious.
Now, if you're not familiar with the acai berry,
it is a berry that is grown in the Amazon rainforest,
and it's also known to be a superfood.
It's full of antioxidants, vitamin A, B, C,
magnesium, calcium, and all that good stuff
to keep you looking radiant and beautiful.
This also makes a great energizing breakfast,
and also a nice, cold, and refreshing healthy snack
for during the daytime.
So, to make this, you're going to need a packet
of frozen acai berry.
I found this from my local Sprouts.
You can also find this at health food stores,
or also your local supermarket.
Granola, I am using organic hemp granola
that I found from Sprouts, my local supermarket.
Milk, you can use dairy, soy, coconut.
I like to use almond milk. It's delicious, and it's healthy.
Fresh and frozen fruits, I love to have a selection
of bananas, blueberries, strawberries.
You can pretty much use anything.
OK, so we're going to make enough for two servings,
and I'm going to start with two packets
of these frozen acai berries.
Now I'm going to put some frozen bananas in here.
And this is where you can customize this
and put any other frozen fruits, or whatever you like.
Now I'm going to add in just a little bit almond milk,
like about 1/3 of a cup to loosen up the mixture.
Once you have everything in, go ahead and blend this.
It might be a little bit difficult for you to blend,
because this is going to be a thick mixture,
and it should be thick.
So, every now and then, just take a spoon or something
to loosen up the mixture,
and then go ahead and turn on the blender again.
Once you are done blending,
go ahead and pour that deliciousness mixture into a bowl.
All you have to do now is top this off
with any toppings of your choice.
I like granola, bananas, strawberries, blueberries.
It's so, so delicious.
I actually took a break from editing this blog
and made myself another bowl of the acai berry bowl.
So good!
Alrighty, guys, so are you ready for this next recipe?
We are going to be making some yummy,
delicious fruit sandwiches.
I love to eat this before going out to the gym.
It's not too heavy, but yet it gives me that extra boost
and energy to work out hard.
To make this, you will need some peanut butter,
granola, some banana, or an apple.
To start, peel your banana,
and then cut it into half like so.
Next, with the apple, cut the bottom and the top off,
then I'm going to cut this into fourths.
As you can see, I made this into circular shapes.
And then I just cut out the core, so that way, you know,
I don't have to choke on it or anything like that.
Next, take out your peanut butter and apply that
and spread that onto your slice of fruit.
Then sprinkle on some granola.
And then place the other half of fruit on top.


3 Simple Healthy Breakfast Snacks | Acai Bowl & Fruit Sandwiches

So, that is snack number two.
It is so simple to make, but also yummy.
I love making this as a snack while I'm watching a movie,
or before and after a workout,
so I hope you will enjoy this too.
So, for this last healthy recipe,
we are going to be making a yogurt parfait.
This is a tasty breakfast treat to prepare
if you're always busy.
I like to prepare this and store this in my fridge,
so if I need a quick breakfast, I have this for on-the-go.
And it's always good to have a healthy premade snack
in the fridge for you.
To make this, you will need a yogurt of your choice,
some fruits and berries, and granola.
I will also be using some Mason jars.
You can find this at your local craft store or supermarket.
So, first add about two to four tablespoon of granola.
Then add in the same amount of yogurt.
Now, you can add in more or less if you like.
This is just something that I prefer.
Next, add in the fruits.
I love, love fruit, so I'm adding half of this jar
with all the yummy fruits that I like.
And then, lastly, drizzle on some honey.
It's optional. You don't have to do it.
But I like to have that extra natural sweetness to this,
and honey just makes this so tasty.
All right, guys, so that's it.
Aren't these all so easy to make?
They're delicious and they're healthy.
I love knowing the fact that I can easily prepare
and make myself a healthy snack
when I'm feeling snackerish (laughs).
Let me know which one you guys will be making,
or which one looks like it's going to be your favorite.
Comment below.
All right, guys, that is it for today.
I hope you enjoyed this blog.
If you do, don't forget to give it a thumbs up.
I would so appreciate that.
I love to hear what your thoughts are,
if you like them or whatnot.
And I will talk to you next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Healthy Food Blog. All Rights Reserved. Template by CB Blogger. Powered by Blogger.