Sunday 31 January 2016

Dr. Axe : How to Eat Healthy While Traveling | Healthy Food Blog

Healthy Food Blog
Dr. Axe : How to Eat Healthy While Traveling | Healthy Food Blog

Hey guys, Dr. Axe here, Doctor of Functional Medicine and Nutritionist. Today, I'm going
to share with you my top two tips on how to eat healthy while traveling.
It can be difficult to eat healthy when you're on the go, whether it be you're on a business
trip or let's say you're a student going to school or just in general, you're traveling
to see some family members somewhere.
Traveling and eating healthy can be a major challenge for many, but, again, I'm going
to go to my top two things you can do to eat healthy while you're traveling.
Step number one, pack. Pack some healthy foods for when you're traveling. So what I tend
to do is get some dried fruit, maybe some, like some dried figs or some of my favorites,
you can do apricots, but any sort of dried fruit.
Then, also some sprouted nuts like almonds, and you can make a trail mix. There's another
great option with some dark chocolate, some coconut flakes, maybe some raisins and some
almonds. But you can also create, again, a healthy trail mix to take on the go.
I also often time will buy healthy food bars. One of my favorite is Epic food bars, and
those are actually made of grass-fed meat and typically cranberries.
I'll eat that as well. Also, things like beef jerky, grass-fed of course, beef jerky, is
great for the go as well.
Then also you can pack things in small containers, even veggies, if you're just going for the
day in the car. And those types of things are great as well. But again, fruit and nuts
to pack, again dried meats like beef jerky are great. They're on the go as well.
Then even if you do want to do grains of sprouted cereal, like Ezekiel cereal, and a snack on
that is another option.
Now, step number two, we talked about packing. The next thing to do is planning ahead. And
planning really has to do with planning out where you're going to eat and finding healthy
grocery stores and restaurants.
So anytime I'm traveling, and I travel all over the country and all over the world and
offer different seminars and speaking events, one of the things that I'll do is I'll do
a Google search online for "healthy restaurants".
Let's say I'm going to Denver, so "healthy restaurants Denver", "organic restaurants
Denver". And so I'll look up those key phrases and find those healthy restaurants in the
area.
I'll also look up Whole Foods. And so, there are several Whole Foods in the Denver area
or certain areas in Florida, like Orlando, or Los Angeles, California. Or if there's
not a Whole Foods, I'll look up "health food store" in that area or near that area and
I'll just plan on going there while on my trip and picking a lot of healthy foods.
So, those are really the top two things you can do to eat healthy while traveling, packing
and planning, and also really just doing your best. When you're traveling, you're not going
to be perfect, so really just do your best while you're on a trip.
Don't have anxiety about it. Again, just do your best and you're going to see some results.
And you're going to be healthier for it, for packing and planning before you travel.
Hey, if you enjoyed this health tip from me, hey, you can always subscribe here to our
YouTube page. I'm always putting out some healthy content on things like the health
benefits of super foods and natural remedies and natural cures for things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Healthy Food Blog. All Rights Reserved. Template by CB Blogger. Powered by Blogger.